South Boston Community Health Center will be hosting the Fourth Annual Breakfast of Champions in honor of National Health Center Week. The event will take place on Thursday, August 17th under a tent at our 409 West Broadway facility and will honor individuals who have made significant contributions to community health.
The Health Center’s Board of Directors, staff and patients will be honoring these dedicated individuals who, in their daily professional lives have been “champions of community health”. The public is invited and encouraged to attend and a continental breakfast will be served.
The breakfast will kick off at 9:30 AM. William J. Halpin, Jr. CEO of the South Boston Community Health Center will present the awards. Honorees include:
- Daniel D. Gallagher, past President of the South Boston Community Health Center’s Board of Directors
- State Representative Martin Walsh of Dorchester
- Dan McCole, President of the South Boston Arts Association
- Nancy Duross, switchboard operator at the South Boston Community Health Center
- Members of Carpenters Union Local #33 and members of Ironworkers Union Local #7 - Both unions have been instrumental in the success of our Lighthouses on Broadway project.
National Health Center Week is celebrated every year in August to recognize achievements of health centers. South Boston Community Health Center serves over 12,000 patients a year, many of whom rely on Medicaid or Medicare or have no insurance at all.
This year’s theme is “Celebrating Patient Voice and Community Choice”. The theme highlights the fact that local community health centers are owned and operated by the very people we serve. This year, we especially thank our Community Board members and the community empowerment that they represent.
Please join us as we celebrate these community heroes!